
Agape chose the Ag Museum Pumpkin Adventure as their pumpkin patch/fall field trip this year. There was no pumpkin patch (though we did quickly grab pumpkins from a pile at the end of the day), but there was a hay ride, barn animals (including a brand spanking new baby pink pig that the kids immediately named Wilbur), milk and cookies, and plenty of walking around through the old buildings on site, as well as the actual museum with the many miniature train displays. The kids had a great time, and they were EXHAUSTED when we finally left at 12:30pm (4.5 hours on this adventure, without a lunch break). So, naturally, the teachers decided we should take them across the street to a playground to eat their picnic lunch. Well, since we all drove separately, apparently they changed their mind and nobody texted me, so the kids and I played there solo for two full hours before they finally agreed they were tired and were willing to head home. The playground was awesome and the weather was great, and since we had it to ourselves, I played an intense game of hide-and-seek with the kids, which we all loved. But then a pair of brothers 2-4 years old than James showed up, and the kiddos promptly demoted me to supervisor while they played Batman (little brother), Robin (James), and Superman (Cora) chase The Joker (big brother) as he ran and hid over and over and over. I could definitely run as fast as that kid, but my ability to sneak and hide in the tiny nooks and crannies and slides and ladders wasn't nearly as good, so I took a seat to watch. It was actually pretty cool to see BOTH James and Cora be so friendly with new kids and play so well together (and I bet the boys' grandma was grateful they all wore each other out with all the running). Mine weren't in the car but 5 minutes before they were completely passed out, despite the promise of cake pops (mama needed coffee for the hour drive home, since I started work at 6am today). All in all, a very fun day. Wish daddy could have gone along! I suppose he'll get the next field trip :-)
 |
| James and some of his classmates. The girls... |
 |
| Kiddos in the middle on the hayride! We sang Ms. Tina the birthday song as we rode along. |
 |
| James looked at this pair of mules, pointed to the one that came to get a closer look at the kids, and said "That one's the girl!" When I asked him why he thought that (a dangerous question to ask a 4-year-old, especially mine, and especially in front of his teachers...), he told me "Because she has eyebrows!" Whew... He did correctly identify the male cow in the barn later though... |
 |
| They were fascinated with the (non-working, display only) outhouse. And the many piles of mule poo. |
 |
| "White milk" and sugar cookies all around. |
 |
| James with his girls again... |
 |
| Ringa-ding-ding go the bells |
 |
| I thought it was adorable that he stuck his milk jug in his front pocket! |
 |
| Ms. Katy talks about the veterinarian display. |
 |
| My kids are SO SPOILED by their teachers... James hitching a ride with Ms. Katy while Cora commandeers the stroller Ms. Reese was pushing. |
 |
| Most of the kiddos who attended today's field trip. I could totally list their names after spending 4 hours with them today, but I won't. I was quite proud of them all for behaving so well throughout the adventure! |
 |
| Heading to the car with her little pumpkin in a makeshift "pack pack". |
I promise James was there at the playground too. This girl just needs slightly more supervision...
No comments:
Post a Comment