The Million Mile Run is complete, and participants have collectively run or walked over 204,590 miles! I haven't seen a fundraising total yet, as they are accepting donations until the end of October (and some runners are still logging their miles, manually, so the tally will go up), but I reached my goals of 100 miles (I ran 105 last month!) and $250 in donations thanks to many of you. THANK YOU for helping me reach these goals - they mean a lot to me, and my runs last month felt extra good knowing they served a special purpose.
So far, marathon training is going great. I averaged 26 miles/week over the first 5 weeks of training, and while I've had some shin pain, I've been able to keep it under control with icing (and getting new shoes already - my last pair barely made it through the end of September and were retired with 300 miles on them - minimalist shoes don't have nearly the lifespan of traditional shoes). I'm finally starting to get into speedwork now (I've been quite unmotivated to do it in the heat and humidity, and pre-dawn hours, but with Over the River Run just a week away now I figured I better get moving!) and am really looking forward to more longer (and LONGER) runs with my buddies. I'll be averaging 30+ miles/week within the next few weeks, and I know I haven't done that since high school, so it should be exciting!

No comments:
Post a Comment