Wednesday, September 24, 2014

ELSA SHOES


I came across an ETSY seller recently that makes beautiful hand-crafted "Elsa inspired" shoes. But they cost a small fortune (for children's shoes, anyway) and I figured I could come up with a way to make them for her myself. Then I remembered that one of my coworkers is very artistic and paints shoes for herself and her friends all the time... so I sent her a photo of what I was thinking about and she told me she'd love to try making them. I took Cora to Hobby Lobby (my first time visiting our new store, that's been here almost a year, I think - it's a dangerous money-sucking place!) and the girl was even happier than she gets in candy stores! She ran around touching all the beads and other items that are all open and at her level and squealing and making grand plans to take Gramma there next time she visits ("Because Gramma likes to do art with me and she loves it when I make her beautiful necklaces!") We found some cheap Toms-like flats, some fabric snowflakes and some sparkly snowflakes, and dropped our purchases off with Natalie on Friday. This week Natalie brought me the cutest little Elsa-blue ombre, glitter covered, snowflake adorned shoes. (There are snowflakes on the sides and back too.) When I presented them to Cora, she was literally speechless (and you know how much she talks, so she obviously was instantly in love). She plopped down and put them on, finally took a breath, then jumped up and ran off to find her Elsa nightgown. She is smitten. And now when she wears her Elsa nightgown (or dress, if it arrives in time and fits) to school on Halloween, she won't be tempted to wear her "click clack shoes" (AKA plastic heels with no traction that are too big for her feet and we can't understand how she can wear them without constantly tripping and falling down).

No comments: