Saturday, September 20, 2014

FEELING HOT HOT HOT

It certainly wasn't the hottest day this summer, but considering that fall technically starts tomorrow, and after last weekends beautiful game weather, today was rough. On the kids and spectators alike. I caved and bought the kids popsicles between games because I felt so bad for them. I should have bought them for Jay and I too. And we should have remembered sunscreen. And bought a shade tent. Luckily everyone stayed hydrated and the kids played well (James scored an awesome goal after driving the ball all the way across the field!) with far more energy than I could have mustered. Lots of complaints about the sun and the heat, but I sure didn't blame them. Fingers crossed next weekend is easier on all of us!
Doing his best to do nothing in between the two 8-minute quarters he got to play
 We followed up the game by eating a huge lunch at Billy's (running 18 miles makes me HUNGRY, especially when I go from running, to home, to jumping in and out of the shower and into the van to soccer within 10 minutes, and having to share the measly breakfast I packed myself with hungry kids), then going back to Hobby Lobby to get the items needed to make Jay's Halloween costume. After some quiet time at home, Jay harvested the rest of the sweet potatoes from our summer garden and turned it over to plant snap peas and snow peas for our fall garden while I cleaned house. Happily, my legs felt surprisingly good after the miles (even though I went REALLY slow the last few) and the kids' behavior has continued to be in the 90th percentile of good, so we simply can't ask for better than that. Hopefully tomorrow we can get to work on our costumes, since we set the date for our annual Halloween Bash - on my birthday!

No comments: