This sequence would have been more entertaining as a video, but even in still-frames there is no doubt this girl of ours is happy with the state of her life. After soccer practice, last night at bedtime, she told me how much fun she had and how great coach daddy is, and asked me when she can play again. I'm so glad we let her give soccer a second chance because she seems to be loving it this year. And then there's dance. Dance! She was so excited for dance class yesterday that she snuck into the studio early and did a little giggling happy dance for me. Her smile is contagious!
We're halfway through the week and I just have to say that it's awfully nice when things fall into place! Our morning routine is locked and loaded (we're never late to school anymore and the kids are so helpful in the mornings now - James has even started taking Buster out to go potty and feels like a very big kid indeed with that responsibility), the kids are enjoying their weekly one-on-one time with us (both in and out of soccer practice), I got a night out at Barley's Angels that was just what I needed (I've been missing Christina a lot lately, as she's out with a running injury), Jay and I have been taking turns running with the 5:00am group and rotating weeks for who takes Cora to dance (which is nice because we get to see different running friends and each get to experience Cora's cuteness at RiverPointe), the kids are generally getting two afternoons at the gym (they love it there, especially the day we take them swimming before we run, so we often get complaints on the days that we don't go, probably because they also have friends that they only see there at their daycare), and Jay and I found one day/week to run TOGETHER and we've been enjoying that so much. We're ready for the change in seasons and our favorite (and most busy) month of the year - bring on fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment