Since we went to Florida last month with the knowledge that I'd be hosting Barley's Angels this month, we came home with a plethora of Florida brews. I picked 5 of them to share with the ladies tonight and paired them with things we'd snack on at the beach (watermelon, chips, crab dip, etc.)
Bold City's Killer Whale Cream Ale was a surprise hit (Jay told me he hates cream ales and that other people might not like it - I really liked it though!), 3 Daughter's Beach Blonde was good (but not my favorite - we had another brewing companies blonde that was better: Veterans United's Raging Blonde), Cigar City's Hotter than Helles Lager was AWESOME (my favorite - and not spicy, just meant to be enjoyed when it's hotter than hell outside...), Intuition Ale Works' I-10 IPA was a very drinkable IPA (I like IPAs anyway, but this one was especially tasty and refreshing), and the only non-can beer we picked up (we were aiming to showcase beers that can be enjoyed at the beach, where glass bottles aren't allowed) was Florida Beer Company's Swamp Ape Double IPA (no idea why this was called Swamp Ape and not Skunk Ape, as the south Florida legend goes...), which was definitely a heavy hitter and nobody's favorite except for Lisa (so I sent her home with the second bottle).

No comments:
Post a Comment