Catching tiny toads while daddy set up the campfire
Verdict? They taste great and are less messy than regular s'mores, but they require a little trial and error as far as campfire placement and length of cooking (our sugary waffle cones burned a bit, while the tiny marshmallows were not fully melted). We were working with a hot, quick fire this afternoon though between rain storms (we were lucky Jay was able to get any of the wet firewood lit at all!) and it was our first time making them, so I'm confident they'll be even better next time. I think we prefer them to regular s'mores!
The bonus is that you can ratio the marshmallows:chocolate chips to your individual preference, plus add things like peanut butter or caramel chips or any number of other ingredients that might traditionally just fall out of your graham cracker sandwich (plus, I prefer waffle or sugar cones to graham crackers any day!)
No comments:
Post a Comment