Friday, June 9, 2017

SICK DAY #1

I developed fever last night to go along with the cough I've had for weeks and basically felt like poo, so I stayed home Friday and Teleworked (I had a presentation to complete, so a sick day wasn't possible unless it was really needed). As soon as James saw me come downstairs still in my pajamas he started complaining about a tummy ache. While we full well knew that he was most likely telling stories so he could stay home with me, it wasn't worth the debate, since it's not like he'd be missing school. Cora happily went to Daycamp solo, after trying her own version of tummy sickness, only to be told that if she stayed home sick then she couldn't go to her Girls Movie Night this evening (since she was sick). Worked like a charm. (There's no way I could have Teleworked productively while feeling sick if both kids were home with me,,,) James was not allowed to play Kindle or video games (we have rules for sick days so that the kids don't take advantage), so he read a chapter book for his Summer Reading Program and completed the corresponding Quiz-O-Matic and book report, did a few extra pages in his Summer BrainQuest workbook, then snuggled with kittens and watched TV while I worked at the table in the kitchen. Jay took Cora to Daycamp and picked her up after work, then drove her to her Movie Night, despite starting to feel sick himself, so I didn't have to leave the house until 8pm to pick her up (I wasn't feeling any better, but Jay was feeling worse, so we had to tag-team).




No comments: