Today we went to Brookings beach. Not much hiking, but we explored the tide pools and rock-hopped. I saw a Black Oystercatcher, bringing my total of new birds this summer up to 10! After the beach, we took the scenic route over to I-5 via Bear Camp Road. What a crazy drive... one lane dirt road on high mountains with steep drop-offs! Yikes! But it was worth it... I saw new bird number 11 up there... a Hermit Warbler! It was amazing. We stopped the car at a big overlook to take a break from the twisty-turns, and the first thing I hear is a song very similar to the Golden-cheeked Warbler. I knew instantly what it was, so I ran over to the trees with Jay at my heals and started "pishing". The handsome little guy came right down! If only Jay had had his camera ready!...

Jay tries to escape the waves...


My first cup of coffee in over a week! And I needed it, it was cold!


No comments:
Post a Comment