Preparations for Cora continue, at least on the small scale. We ordered her first cloth diapers this week, and they are just so cute and pink:
She'll probably need 8-10 more, but we've got time. She'll be in the tiny gDiapers for the first month, and we may use the gDiapers (in size small) exclusively for another month or so after that, until her BMs stabilize as she adjusts to living in the outside world. Don't get me wrong, we love cloth diapering, but we also recall how messy James' first few months were... We figure we'll just order a few BGs each month until we're ready to start using them, to spread out the cost (see what a good planner I am?) Of course, I did learn today that Bum Genius is discontinuing their "brights", so we may need to order the Zinnia's (the darker pink) now while we still can... So shhhhh, don't spread the word too far - not until I get my pretty pink diapers! I know we've helped convert at least 2 families out there to cloth diapering - and with BGs even! So if you guys are interested in Ribbit, Moonbeam, Clementine, or Zinnia, you better buy them soon.
On a more girly note, I had promised you photos of all the hair bows we've purchased for Cora:





That's right, we're going to be THOSE parents that dress their baby girl in bows and headbands and flowers. And I can't wait! That's part of the fun of having a girl, right? Sure, she'll wear dresses and skirts too, but not often. We're practical. Babies don't need dresses. Especially in the Mississippi heat and humidity. What she needs are cool, cotton onesies. And bows. Since I am not creative or talented in the art of making hair bows (though I bet I can install them just fine - at least I hope...), I relied on the good folks at Etsy.com to create the beautiful ones we chose for our baby girl. Most of the bows were made by none-other than Jay's Aunt Beverly (her shop is called Sweetpea Boutique). I had actually ordered these a while ago when many of my friends were pregnant, two with girls, and a few who didn't yet know the gender. I was going to give them all away, but the more recent births were all boys and Jay took a liking to the bows anyway (especially the character bows: the butterfly, goldfish, and bunny), so we decided to keep them "just in case". Ha! If we'd only known! The rest of the bows and headbands (and yes Mom and Margie, I KNOW they are silk flowers!) came from a couple other Etsy shops that have quickly become my favorites for all things girly (Tiny Tots Bows and Pretty Baby Boutique).
1 comment:
LOL pretty soon your house will be filled with silk flowers! They are really cute.. can't wait to see her in them!
Post a Comment