Thursday, August 26, 2010

GRANDPA AND THE QUEEN

That's right, Cora's no princess - she RULES this household! And she has her Grandpa wrapped around her little finger... He's taken to rocking her in the glider, once his arms and knees wear out from the constant walking she requires to stay happy. He can't stand to hear her cry. He told me at lunch today that it is an average of 62 steps to circle her around the living room and kitchen. I think tomorrow we'll stick the pedometer on him so he can report his daily mileage to his cardiologist... I bet he's burning tons of calories this week! And when walking or rocking doesn't do the trick, Grandpa has found that diaper changes (or "pretend" diaper changes, where you just lay her down and jiggle her legs) make Cora happy. I don't know what it is with babies and the changing table, but whatever works. In fact, Grandpa can get Cora to smile just by saying "Pretty Girl" or "Poo Poo's" or "Poopy Girl" in a high-pitched voice. Again, whatever works...

No comments: