Yesterday afternoon was rough on Dad. Cora was a bear (probably due to her DTaP vaccination - the same one that caused James to cry uncontrollably when he got it at 2-months-old), and she blew out 3 diapers (not too surprising, since she hadn't gone in a couple of days). Dad was exhausted and sweating when I got home from work, and he was more than willing to pass Cora over to me! Then she exhausted Jay and I as she continued to cry until about 9pm. And THEN she was up every 3 hours to eat. Needless to say, she spent the night with us from midnight onward. Good thing she's a good co-sleeper (she likes to cuddle, but isn't a bed hog like James was and doesn't fidget like James does).
This morning she was all smiles, cooing in the dark and watching the lights flicker on her empty monitor. After an hour or so of playtime, I put her back to bed (in her crib). She was tired because she woke up early (5:50am to be exact, when she usually sleeps until 6:30/7am), and oh man does she ever fuss when she gets tired (she needs our assistance to fall asleep, in the form of swaddling and rocking/walking). I certainly couldn't leave her like that with Dad after yesterday's performance! I just wonder how long she stayed asleep... Hopefully she's taking it easy on her Grandpa today!
I dressed her in her big brother's hand-me-downs today:
Dad definitely needed his coffee this morning.
And it looks like James needed some too, doesn't it?
Don't mind the bags under James' eyes. He slept great, as always, he just didn't want to wake up this morning (the kid would sleep until 8am every day if we let him). And his hair is always wild like this in the mornings. Perhaps he's old enough now that we should start conditioning it?
No comments:
Post a Comment