Thursday, December 23, 2010

DAYCARE CHRISTMAS PARTY

Daycare had a Christmas celebration for the kids today (well, the older kids, anyway). Cora stayed home with her Grandma and Uncle Jamie while James went to "school" to party with his buddies. They watched Christmas movies and played holiday games and ate lots of treats. James ended up on a sugar-induced babble fest and spent most of naptime talking to himself on his nap mat. They even had a "secret" gift exchange. For the 1K class, this meant that the gifts were all unwrapped and lined up, and the kids were then turned loose. Whichever toy they went to first was the one they received. James picked an inflatable chair (for some odd reason, he likes boxes with pictures of kids on them). His teacher then took pity on him (all the other boys got cars, while the one girl got a baby doll and doll clothes) and split up one of the gifts that had two cars so that James could have one. She's very sweet, his teacher (though we think that car is quite annoying... it's loud and lights up and zips across the floor at a crazy speed). All in all, I think he had a great day (and I know the teachers were excited to get to go home early - daycare closed promptly after naptime). Bring on the holiday!

James' Grandma is bunking with him again on this trip, and he's already playing favorites. Choosing snuggles with her over hanging with his parents. Luckily, we're not easily offended.
I had to get a photo of him in his cute PJs and slippers with his gift before we left the house:
At the end of the day. James and Jackson were sucked into Elmo and Ernie, while the other kiddos were excited to see me. I seriously love these kids. And little Morgan is such a sweet, cuddly monkey. The girl literally climbs us when we get there to pick up James. Sometimes he doesn't mind, other times he tells her no and pushes her away. I've even heard him tell her "my daddy!" with much emphasis. I don't know how his teacher handles them when they're all fussy or hungry or refusing to nap (the 1K room has got to be the most difficult class, since they're all opinionated and into everything, but unable to voice those opinions or follow direction well), but when I see them at the end of the day (when they're all so excited to see their parents), I just want to scoop them all up for hugs or sit down and play a while. Such unique personalities.Since James jabbered through his nap, when we got home he walked straight up to his Uncle "Mamie", snuggled into his lap, and practically fell asleep. So sweet!

No comments: