I'm getting a headstart on one of my resolutions for the New Year, and that is to spend more one-on-one time with my little man. Cora gets me all to herself when James naps (his PREDICTABLE and set naps) and on my lunch break, as well as through the night, and whenever Jay and I split baby duty (because since she's nursing, she always goes with me). James doesn't get "mommy time" daily, or even weekly. So my plan is to take off work an hour or so early once every 2 weeks and take James to do something fun, whether that be to the park or out for ice cream or for a long walk, just the 2 of us. Today we went to FitZone for "open play" and had a good time. James was a bit shy of the instructors and other (older) kids at first, but he got into his groove. I taught him to go up and down the slide all by himself. We danced and ran around and played ball. I got lots of hugs and giggles. Such a fun end to the work day! Thanks for a great first date buddy!Wednesday, December 8, 2010
MUCH NEEDED MOMMY TIME
I'm getting a headstart on one of my resolutions for the New Year, and that is to spend more one-on-one time with my little man. Cora gets me all to herself when James naps (his PREDICTABLE and set naps) and on my lunch break, as well as through the night, and whenever Jay and I split baby duty (because since she's nursing, she always goes with me). James doesn't get "mommy time" daily, or even weekly. So my plan is to take off work an hour or so early once every 2 weeks and take James to do something fun, whether that be to the park or out for ice cream or for a long walk, just the 2 of us. Today we went to FitZone for "open play" and had a good time. James was a bit shy of the instructors and other (older) kids at first, but he got into his groove. I taught him to go up and down the slide all by himself. We danced and ran around and played ball. I got lots of hugs and giggles. Such a fun end to the work day! Thanks for a great first date buddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment