We really love sharing dinner with friends. And impromptu dinners are super fun! We've been having Michelle over off and on since the semester started, since she and Jay are taking the same class on Tuesday nights. James has loved having weekly company, and is starting to demand more of Michelle's time and attention while she's here. If only she didn't have to go to 'skoo-uhl' with Daddy... He cracks me up, following her around and "helping" her set up her computer. Then asking 'Are you?' (Where are you?) over and over once class starts and we have to lock ourselves out in the living room, in the hopes that I can keep the kids "quiet" (yes, quiet is a relative term around here) for the duration. He's going to miss her this summer!
Tonight we were lucky enough to talk Christina and Will into coming over for chipotle chicken tacos. James was in such a horrible mood until he saw his buddy 'Wee-uhl' (yes, he says his name with 2 syllables, so southern)... then the rest of the evening was cake. And we even ate cake. Another bonus of inviting friends over for dinner!
4 comments:
Thanks for having us over! It was tasty! Will passed out right after his bath; hope everyone in your house went down easily too.
They went to sleep easily enough, and Cora went all night without waking to eat. But she woke when we got into bed, and again when James woke up crying, then again at 2:15. At which point I figured she'd want to eat, but she just went back to sleep...
Awe, this post makes me smile! I just love seeing him too. He is just a little cutie (not that Cora's not). Maybe I can come over a few minutes earlier next week to "play" a little before dinner. I feel like I'm always running in and out. I'll make a point to see Mr. James this summer! Afterall, I'll need to get out of the house some, right??
I spoke too soon. Will was up at 3 and for the first time ever, refused to go back to sleep in his crib. He clung to me and after fighting it for an hour, I broke down and brought him to bed with me. He was out in no time while I just dozed until he stuck his finger up my nose at 7:15. Good times.
Happy to hear that Cora might be changing her ways though!
Post a Comment