Tuesday, March 1, 2011

LOOK WHAT 'WE' MADE

This was my first attempt at something other than a hem (or simply sewing 2 pieces of fabric together in a straight line). A pinafore dress for Cora. It's a little big on her right now (it's 12-month size) and it's far from perfect (my topstitching left a wobbly, wide seam), but it's functional, and it's pretty cute. Not too bad for my first real project. And I couldn't have done it without Jay!
It's meant to be worn over bloomers or jeans. It's reversible and the inside is a pretty pink. Of course, the wobbly brown stitching is more noticeable on that side...

4 comments:

editor said...

So cute! I love it! Good job!

Dawn Hancock said...

I love it! Very cute fabric too!

Beth-Ann said...

So cute!
You did a great job!
My hubby always helps me with my little sewing projects. He has to get my machine set up for me and then fix it when I screw it up! haha

TEAM LINDSAY said...

Hooray for engineering-savy husbands! :)