Thursday, April 26, 2012

OUR GREAT OUTDOORS

I love this time of year. For the kids, it means lots of time spent outside, whether that be at school, the playground, the gym, at home, or on a real adventure like a hike or camping. This afternoon I decided that since I missed the daycare field day this morning (Jay took the kids while I went to work), I would make up for it by spending some quality time outside with them at home. After they rode bikes for a while (hence the helmets, just in case Jean is ready to ask me whether we're expecting hail again!), we went hunting for blackberries (and found many!), then walked around the yard to find lots of crickets and skinks and anoles, one big frog (toad?), and a couple of snakes (nonpoisonous, don't worry grandparents - and I was holding hands the whole time, since I KNOW the snakes are out now and can be anywhere). The kids were thrilled with our discoveries, they loved biking down the "hill" at the bottom of our driveway, and they especially liked their popsicle treats!

Cora thought the frog was awesome, but didn't want to hold it. She'd run up smiling and squealing, then take off running as soon as it so much as flinched. James was SO proud of himself for holding it (gently) and patting it's back.


Here's one of those snakes I was talking about:

Cora, post popsicle:

And our teeny little yoga baby, doing some moves while airborne. She cracks us up!

No comments: