Sunday, May 13, 2012

MOTHER'S DAY 2012

My 4th Mother's Day, and the first time I remembered to take a photo with my babies!

This Mother's Day was exactly what I was hoping for: sleeping in, no cooking, no cleaning, no wiping booty duty, bathing alone, a massage, napping, and just enjoying the day with the 3 people who made me a mama. I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Though I did get an awesome, bright, patio table (our first ever patio furniture!), and for the first time, we were able to eat outside like civilized folk. Jay picked the yellow varnish, and I love how happy it turned out! The white center is actually a piece of rain gutter - an idea I found on Pinterest, to use as a drink chiller (just add ice). No, there is no ice in there in these photos. The kids were too thrilled with it at breakfast (Did I mention we had grilled bacon for breakfast? We ate outside at our table all day. And I actually had bacon with EVERY meal today - aren't you proud Stephen?!) and kept eating the ice instead of their pancakes, so we left it out tonight at dinner.



First time eating corn-on-the-cob all by herself! She LOVED it and ate 2 whole pieces.
Little man was a fan too. Also his first solo cob eating. I think we have a pair of converts!

Thank you Jay for the lovely day, and Happy Mother's Day to all you mamas and mom-to-be's out there! I am blessed to know SO MANY wonderful moms, and am especially lucky to have the amazing examples that are my own mom and grandma and Jean. A VERY Happy Mother's Day to all of you! LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Michelle Bourne said...

LOVE the table! It turned out great. Looks like a wonderful day. Happy Mother's Day (a day late). You are an amazing mom!