Friday, May 25, 2012

ROCKY SPRINGS EVENING

The kids have spent a lot of time in the house this week, with James being sick and all, so yesterday after work we met them at the park with Gramma, and today we took off early and all headed down to Rocky Springs with a picnic dinner. It was perfect. Cooler than we expected, no bugs, and no people to share our stretch of "beach" with. The kids were so happy, and you know that always makes us smile.



Checking out a beetle that Daddy caught.
Frog eggs! I'd never seen them before (and didn't know they were laid in "strings"). Very cool!

They were crawling like "crocodiles" here...





Making "dirt soup" for Mama. Yummy.
Peaceful enough to just lay back and relax

 We stayed until 6:30pm (when the mosquitoes started to arrive), then stopped by our friends' house to feed their pups (a task that James was MORE than happy to help with). The chatter in the bedroom has finally ceased (at 9:00pm!), so I think the kids are giving in to Gramma's songs and stories and falling asleep. I'm sad we have to say goodbye tomorrow. I think this weekend is going to be hard on the kids, especially James. Cora will be distracted by the reduction in grandparent attention by her Potty Training Bootcamp. More on that as the weekend progresses. Until then, I'm off to bed so I can get up and be chipper for a 6:30am 4-mile run tomorrow morning with my new running buddy (and Cari too, and maybe even Sophie if she gets any sleep tonight), a "Running Mama" I met on BBC that happens to live in my town. First time I've ever met someone "in real life" that I first met online, and it wasn't even weird. So there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am far from an expert, but it is my understanding toads lay eggs in strings, frogs in masses. Very cool sight, either way.