Wednesday, January 1, 2014

LUCK AND PROSPERITY

Southern tradition calls for ham, greens, and black-eyed peas to ring in the New Year, to bring luck and prosperity to those who consume the meal. We didn't have any greens (so I substituted with green broccoli...), but we had plenty of ham left from Christmas Eve and I made my first batch of really good black-eyed peas (I've had some fails in the past, but these were super yummy and Cora ate a TON of them). Next year we'll be sure to have spinach, and we'll make cornbread instead of tator tots... It was a yummy lunch though!
The rest of the day was spent resting up from last night's party, painting, digging for fossils, playing games, going to a movie (Walking with Dinosaurs was really cool - not what we expected, but definitely a cool movie and James especially liked it), and hanging out in the front yard until sunset (playing on the zipline and dropping into the huge pile of leaves).
Such intense concentration...

No comments: