Tuesday, March 25, 2014

BUN BUILDING (AND A SNEAK PEEK)

I had to let Cora play with my phone as payment for her letting me slick her hair back into a bun with the Bun Builder Jr. It's going to take me a lot of practice to get it right (so that her baby-fine wisps cover the entire sponge thingy and it doesn't fall off after 10 minutes), and some gel and/or hairspray (which we don't own), but her dance instructor was thrilled that I tried. (A note came home last week about all dancers, even the wee ones, needing their hair in perfect buns for the recital. That's no easy task for the 2- and 3-year-olds, most of whom have never needed so much as a trim and are still rocking their baby hairs. All the moms were asking me where I got the Bun Builder and how it works - made me feel like I finally contributed something other than cute clothes to this whole dance experience - since I obviously have zero dance skills to share!) 
 Love my little tattooed ballerina!
(This chicken tattoo that Christopher sent is her favorite so far. She calls it "Chickaletta", the "purse chicken" from Paw Patrol. People carry tiny dogs in their purses, so why not chickens?...)

Holding hands in the parking lot. But not MY hands. Don't they know mama is still too sore and slow to be chasing after them?
 And guess what? I got to sneak a better peek at Cora's class today. One of the little girls has been having crying episodes lately, so Ms. Bridgett has been leaving the back curtain open so that she can see her mama watching her. Of course, I wanted to watch too, so I peeked in a few times and grabbed a couple photos during the tap session. Their recital has a Dr. Seuss theme, and the 3-year-olds will get to do both a ballet and tap number. The tap number has them acting out animal motions and it was hilarious to watch! I can't wait to see all these cuties in costume!
Do you see the costumes lined up in the front? Those are for the 4-year-old classes. Little Cat in the Hat hats and sparkly skirts. Those 3-year-olds were JEALOUS I tell ya! Bridgett had to remind them over and over not to touch them. I later placated Cora by telling her that her costume will have both shorts AND a tutu/skirt, and she told me "Well good, because I'm going to get dressed up and I'm going to be BEAUTIFUL!"
P.S. Cora chose to wear the black leotard again this week "because Ms. Bridgett wears a black one and I'm a ballerina like Ms. Bridgett!"

1 comment:

Michelle Bourne said...

I love that she loves Bridgett! We do too. I hope Marie will enjoy dance like Cora.