It's been a few weeks since Cora has been to dance (due to Spring Break closure last week and being in Texas the week before that) and she was very insistent on showing me some of her moves before class today. I know nothing about ballet, so hearing her call out the names of the different moves (positions?) as she does them floors me (I try not to squeal and smother her cuteness with kisses, but I haven't succeeded yet). She is so very serious when she is all dressed up and "performing", and it makes me really happy to see how much she genuinely enjoys dance (we refuse to be parents who force their kids into any specific activity just because we like it, and likewise refuse to be parents who don't let their kids do certain activities just because we don't like them - though we're honestly crossing our fingers the kids never get interested in baseball or cheerleading...) Anyway, I asked to take some photos of her while she "practiced" before class and she told me I could, as long as I promised to "send a picture of my new outfit to Gramma and Grambot". Done.




No comments:
Post a Comment