Monday, February 2, 2015

HOMEWORK AND ARTWORK

James had a few pages of make-up "homework" to do this past weekend (sent home in Cora's folder), since he missed school on Friday. He got through the first two pages quickly, but just couldn't refocus to do the last page after eating dinner. We tried again tonight, and it was like pulling teeth (and I don't really blame him, since it was just practicing writing numbers and that is so boring at this point), but he eventually got it done. And then did his 15 minutes of reading and his new homework (phonics and math: addition, counting coins, and telling time). It took nearly an hour, and we were both so relieved when it was all done that we rewarded ourselves with milk and cookies. 
As I was putting his completed homework away, signing off on things and going through the packet of his seat work sent home today, I found a blank page stapled in the middle of his math tests and phonics sheets... Apparently he'd been drawing at some point today and Ms. Tina sent home his artwork for us to enjoy. Do you know who/what it is?
Jay and the kids started watching the series on Prime this weekend while I was out for my long run and they all really like it. Actually, we all watched a LOT of TV (and movies) this weekend... not much better to do when everyone is recuperating from something though. And it's always fun to find a new series!

No comments: