Wednesday, February 25, 2015

NEARLY NO-SHOW SNOW

We woke up bright and early this morning to the news of closed schools and open work, so Jay scurried out the door (he had a meeting this morning) while I enjoyed my first cup of coffee in peace (the kids slept until 7:30am). Since it rained (or dropped wintry mix) all day, we were sequestered inside and didn't have a chance to get out any energy outside (in fact, I think my VivoFit will confirm that this is the least number of steps I've taken in a day yet...) Around noon Jay found out work was closing early (1:00pm) due to expected worsening weather conditions (some folks have to drive to Clinton or Jackson, or north or east to Louisiana even to get home, where snow/ice conditions were worse than here in the 'Burg) and I continued to anxiously watch the weather map for our wintry mix to turn to snow (we were originally predicted to be on the edge of the 1-2" and 2-4" zone today). It wasn't until 4:30pm that we got straight snow though, and it still wasn't cold enough for it to stick (not to mention all the rain/melted ice on the ground for it to disappear in), but the kids and I rushed out anyway to catch some snowflakes on our tongue. It may not have been much, but it was worth it to them.
Early morning snuggles usually go to Buster first, then the cats, then us parents
Painting and coloring to pass the morning. Cora was THRILLED when she realized I'd brought the easel in.
Snowflakes in her hair


No comments: