The weather held out this week and allowed us to have our second soccer game of the season! The kids were happy, played very well, and the cool temps were lovely for us spectating parents.
She scored a goal today (and was of course extremely happy with her accomplishment)
Emily, Cora, and Cari. All 4.5-years-old, all tough players!
I was trying to take photos of little brothers (John and Aiden, the almost 3-year-old brothers of David and Jamie) out on the field at half time (both cried hard when the game restarted and they had to go back to their chairs - they'll be ready for fall soccer for sure!), but Cora kept jumping in front of the camera. That girl is too much sometimes...
James' team was well matched for this game, but they still scored goals left and right around the other team... These U6 boys are just very skilled, and just aggressive enough to keep the ball in their play, while also showing off the skills they learn during practice the week before (today's game was about pull-backs and passing, and coach Jay was very pleased with all our players).
Cora and Emma were running around and playing with "baby dolls" during their big brother's games, and when I asked them to pause for a photo Emma was cracking me up by continually positioning herself in front of Cora to block her from my lens. I finally had to take one from above to get Cora in the shot. Seriously though, Emma's smile and cheeks and curls. Am I right, or am I right? Melt.
(We missed the ERDC Castle Club's Easter Egg Hunt for the first time this year due to soccer game overlap, but it was worth it, obviously. These kiddos were so happy to be out on the fields today!)


No comments:
Post a Comment