For James' birthday today, he first had to get through Achievement Tests at school, but when I picked the kids up I let him decide what the rest of his day would entail. Due to the rain, we couldn't go to a playground and there are no kid movies currently playing at our theater, so he chose to go get ice cream (to Bops, for "Dirt and Worms"). After that we went home and his one desire was to play on his KindleFire, so the kids hid out in Cora's teepee/fort until Daddy got home with a very early (for us) pizza dinner (Papa Johns, James' choice) while I did the evening chores. After dinner was the main event: getting to open presents from Mama and Daddy, Grambot and PawPaw, and Uncle Davey and Auntie Taryn...
After every gift (except the clothes), he collapsed on the box and said "I've been dreaming of this!" It was hilarious, but he was obviously very pleased with his new toys and games. He received a couple MineCraft Lego sets, a Teen Titans Tower play set and Robin car, a Lego Legends of Chima Speedor Race Track (goes great with the Speedors that his friends gave him at his party), some Teen Titans books and DVDs, a new swimsuit and rashguard, some cool t-shirts (that he'll appreciate later, I suppose... MineCraft Creeper, Darth Vader, and Transformers) and a handsome shirt/shorts that might be used for his 6-year portraits (when we get around to taking them!)
More "power kisses" to help him open the tightly wrapped presents (seriously, how cute are these two?!)
"Is this a video game?! This is exactly what I dreamed of!"
James got to FaceTime with Uncle Jamie, Grambot and PawPaw, Uncle Davey and Auntie Taryn (and of course Eli and Addy!), and Gramma. Everyone sang to him and he LOVED the attention, even when he was distracted by new presents!
Finally it was time for birthday cupcakes!
Six candles for our great, big, awesome 6-year-old!
Happy Birthday James Henry!
















No comments:
Post a Comment