Saturday, March 21, 2015

BUMMER SEASON

So, it's basically the end of March, and spring soccer started an entire month ago. 4 whole weeks. And yet the kids have had ONE game (that first game) and just two practices (the first one, on a freezing night, and the other earlier this week). We rushed to clean the house this morning ahead of company, Jay headed out to help a friend move, and I threw soccer uniforms at the kids while I ran upstairs to speed shower. 10 minutes later we were all dressed and ready to go when I got the text from Jay that the games had been canceled (no big surprise, really, since it had been raining all morning, but for some reason they held off canceling U5 and U6). I asked the kids what they thought about soccer games being canceled yet again, and this is what they showed me:
I'm pretty certain we won't do spring soccer next year... As fun as it is, it's also very frustrating for the kids to want to practice and play, yet not be able to. It's hard to retain the new things you learn when there are such long stretches between field time!

No comments: