This child is obsessed with forts... She builds them in the living room between the ottoman and couches (CONSTANTLY, not that we mind...), James' bunk beds have been a fort/cave for a couple weeks, she turned his table into a balloon-filled fort this morning, and then Jay and I built her a big fort/teepee house this afternoon with the Crazy Forts.
She decided to recruit Jay to play house with her, so she was the mama and he was the daddy. When I went back there to inquire what they were doing, she showed me her changing station (work clothes vs. pajamas vs. swimsuit, because James' bed with the shark comforter was the swimming pool) and told me she had to go to work, but that I could be a kid and stay home with Jay and the baby. When she had trouble changing into her work dress and I offered to help untangle the sleeves, she told me I couldn't because I was just a kid and "Moms do all the work." Only 4-years-old and she's got it all figured out, doesn't she? (Except that in our household, I most certainly do NOT do all the work.)

No comments:
Post a Comment