Friday, September 4, 2015

SCHOOL STUFFS

Cora drew a flying unicorn under a rainbow with a thunderstorm in the background. James added the unicorn's magic blue bolt up to the clouds...
Apparently he decided last minute that I needed to be taller...
This is pretty typical of some of the seatwork he does independently every day at school. I gave him a hint last night that once he reads the story, followed by the question, even though he knows the answer off the top of his head, he can refer back to the story to make sure he spells each word correctly (not a problem on this particular sheet, but there was another one with some incorrectly spelled words). I also asked him to be more careful about following the "rules" for writing each letter neatly and within the borders. His answer? "But I don't wanna get left behind!" So, either they have to do these worksheets quickly or his lack of focus/tendency to stall getting started causes him to stress a bit and rush through it. At least he gets the answers right even when he rushing.
Love those hippos!

No comments: