Some scenes from around the house before the guests arrived:

(Kid Corner. Cheetos that nobody touched - shocked!, treat bags that were coveted, and candy that just one kid indulged in - a bit too much... Too bad I forgot about the caramel apple and popcorn sales forms - I had intended to try to make some sales for James and Cora!)
Haunted Photobooth:
Team Lindsay went as Minecraft characters this year: Jay was a skeleton, I was an Enderman, James was Overworld Steve, and Cora was a Creeper. (Fitting, right?!)
The Masons came as Star Wars characters: Eric as General Grievous, Ashley as a Storm Trooper, Adler as Obi-Wan, and Hazel as the cutest Darth Vader ever. The Burkhalters came as "Germanfest" and they were adorable!
The Kennedys, and Olivia and Grady, came as Avengers: Al as Ironman, Christina as Thor, Will as The Hulk, Lauren as Wasp (NOT a bee), Olivia as Black Widow, and Grady as Vision. Some of the little girls thought Olivia was dressed as Merida (because of the wig, I assume), and she ended up winning "Scariest", but only because she was dressed all in black and her only competitors were Skeleton Jay (kids couldn't be voted for - that's why they all receive treat bags - we don't want any tears over not winning the costume contest!) and myself (and I didn't look like I was dressed as anything when my mask was off). As party hosts, we don't want to compete, but we took the "Highest Creation Effort" award because we overlapped with Popeye and Olive Oil and they already had another award, and then overlapped with "Scariest" as well... Folks must have thought we painted ALL the box heads rather than just Jay's, since our "creation effort" was honestly mostly limited to searching Amazon for costume pieces...) And I suppose Darth Vader just isn't scary anymore?...
Lawrence and Christine came as Popeye and Olive Oil (winning "Best Theme"), while Heather and Nathan came as the White Rabbit and 'Smarty Pants'. Nathan won "Most Obscure" again this year. However, I heard more than one person refer to him as "Smartass", even though there was no candy attached to his backside...
The Hancocks arrived as a couple of unicorns (Dawn and Emma, who did NOT want to pose for a photo - life is not all rainbows and unicorns, apparently), a Pokemon character (I'm sorry Coltin, I can't remember his name!), and the only boo-hiss, non-costumed party attendee (Stirlin). He was flogged. With words, at least. The Rices arrived as an 80s chick (Sarah), an out of shape Tony Horton (Blake - we personally LOVED this costume!), Elsa (Autumn), Superman (Asher), and a cowboy (Abram, our littlest party guest this year).
Keri and Rohan came as Dr. Ellie Sattler and a dinosaur from the original Jurassic Park, Chantel and Willow came as a witch and Elissabat from Monster High (yes, I had to look that up). 



Amy, Lee, and Francine came as Pink Ladies and a T-Bird. The McKennas came as an elderly Harry Potter (Grandpa), a viking (Jason), and the Snapshot Skylanders character (James), and Susan was a devil (I think... could have been a vampire or Little Red Riding hood though...)
The Jungs arrived as a pair a bees (Mike and Cari), a crash test dummy (Jacob), a Hobbit (Bridger), a ghost ninja (Hayden), and a Storm Trooper (Jase).
The Rowes arrived as Star Wars characters, including Darth Vader (Philip), a Storm Trooper (Elizabeth), and a pair of Jedis (Cara and Alex).
And some scenes from around the party (I'm bummed I didn't take more candid photos!)
Right before I took this picture of Hazel, Cora, and Willow, they'd come tearing around the corner, baby dolls skidding to the ground in toppled buggies... I told them they were adorable, but not being very good mamas. Hazel put her hands on her hips and told me "We are NOT mamas! We are TEENAGERS!" The other two immediately put their hands on THEIR hips and chimed in "Yeah, we're being TEENAGERS!" Lord help us all... 5 and 6, going on 15...
Taking a breather from our Enderman and Storm Trooper masks
I couldn't compete with Thor's hair, so I put my mask back on
I'm pretty sure this is what she ate for dinner... Plus a cupcake...
Rohan was not shy this year, but still one of the youngest in attendance
10:30pm, last party guest gone, pajamas on, and immediately crashed on the couch
10:45pm and he finally gave in too (though he insisted on sleeping in his costume because "these are comfy pants!")

























No comments:
Post a Comment