Sunday, October 4, 2015

RIVERPOINTE'S OPEN HOUSE

RiverPointe hosted an Open House for their new studio this afternoon so families could come by to see the space and little dancers could get acquainted with their new class rooms. They've been there until 8-10pm every night for the past week (and I heard they were there until 2:30am last night!) getting things prepared to start classes ASAP after the contractors finished. I went by for a few hours yesterday to help clean and paint the cubbies (each studio room has a cubby similar to school classrooms - they got them from an old, closed down school - where the dancers can store their bags), sweep and vacuum the floors, and take some time to ooh and ahh over the new space. It is truly an incredible place. It has a real lobby, bathrooms accessible by dads and brothers (AKA not through the dressing room), two more bathrooms just for the dancers inside their new large dressing room (no more tiny stalls!), long and wide hallways, double glass doors into the main studios, a mini "kitchen" area with a fridge, and a big storage area at the back with a dozen racks of costumes. It's HUGE! The two main dance studios are 2-3 times as large as their old dance studios. There is a large room devoted solely to Acro classes, and a separate yoga studio were they'll offer strength and conditioning classes as well as yoga for us parents (and the dancers). While we've become more cramped and crowded at the old studio, especially over the past couple of months while they juggled their expanding classes, I had no idea Bridgett and Holly were creating THIS MUCH new space. They've worked hard, they are adored by their students (and their parents), and they deserve every moment of glory they received today. I really believe that RiverPointe has placed itself in the position of Premier Dance Studio in Vicksburg, and I'm awfully proud to be a part of it! (Even though we never thought we'd be dance parents, Cora loves it more each semester and she has talent, so I expect us to be spending a lot of time here over the coming years!)
Ms. Bridgett's studio (the Black room)
They had music playing from their Peter Pan recital and older girls leading dances for the younger girls (and plenty of brothers along for the ride - or run).
The Acro studio (the White room) still needs the dance flooring "jumped out". Cora is taking an interest in Acro (which I'm hesitant to start, since she's already quite committed time-wise with ballet, tap, soccer, Junior Lego League, and soon Daisy Scouts), but they're already full this semester, so we'll revisit the idea in January. I think part of the draw is that a lot of her friends do it, though I'll admit, the girl has some serious core strength and fearlessness that probably translates well to acrobatics and gymnastics - another idea she's been hinting at lately...
Ms. Holly's studio (the Pink room) to the left (it's just as big as Ms. Bridgett's studio up front) and the Acro studio to the right. I just can't get over how much space there is here!

No comments: