Saturday, March 19, 2016

ERDC EGG HUNT 2016

 If you get dressed up, mama is sure to take a million pictures...

The cold air and muddy fields didn't keep us away from the annual WES Castle Club Easter Egg Hunt! The kids skipped the games in favor of bouncing (AKA staying mobile and thus warm) for 30 minutes in the bounce houses prior to the start of the egg hunt. As usual, we saw many of our coworkers with kids in attendance and it was fun to chat outside of working hours (and snap the annual group photo with the Kennedy and Mitchell kiddos!) Had we not needed to rush off to a birthday party immediately following the hunt, we'd have stayed to play longer!
Everyone except Cora was SO SERIOUS listening to the egg hunt instructions!
While all the kids and parents went to the right, James went solo to the left, and was rewarded with a field of eggs all to himself...
...until Cora noticed him over there alone, at which point she high-tailed it his direction (with quite the look of concern on her face - she must have been worried he'd get ALL the eggs!)
They're all growing up... James, Cora, Lauren, Will, Mary Claire, David, and John!
And in case you all love a comparison as much as I do...
(I can't find a blog post from 2015, and since I remember it raining basically ALL SPRING LONG, I'm pretty sure the ERDC egg hunt must have been cancelled last year.)

No comments: