Saturday, October 1, 2016

DATE NIGHT = HAPPY KIDS

Clothes shopping for Jay (because I made him - he's starting his 3rd Acting Branch Chief position on Monday and he needs some real slacks and dressier shirts), followed by dinner and cocktails at ROCA. The kids were happy to have Miss Elizabeth over to babysit (she later told us that James said "we LOVE it when you come over because we always do all the fun things!") She brought Rainbow Loom supplies and taught the kids to make bracelets, let them eat pizza while watching Corpse Bride, read them EACH 3 books at bedtime, then got talked into reading an entire chapter to each of them (from James' borrowed Minecraft series, and I'm pretty sure Miss Elizabeth does not play Minecraft, so I can only assume that was a sacrifice on her part). I'm still not sure how she fit all that in during the few hours we were gone...
I found her asleep with her light on when we got home (James always turns his off after he finishes a chapter, but Cora usually falls asleep with a book in her hands).
(Her PJs glowed brightly once I turned the lamp off!)

No comments: