Friday, November 25, 2016

GETTING IN THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

I caught Jean rearranging a few ornaments after the kids decorated the Christmas tree (no worries, if she hadn't done it, I would have), but for the most part it was their project (though they did set aside a few special ornaments each for Jay and I to hang, and daddy had the honor of placing the copper angel on top when it was finished). Cora insisted we add candycanes to it this year, and I admit, they fit right in with our hodge-podge of family heirloom, kid-crafted, gifted, and keepsake/souvenir ornaments. I missed us all doing it together with Christmas music and candles and hot chocolate, discussing where and when each ornament was acquired and why, so we'll make sure to do that again next year (and not decorate while Jay is doing his Black Friday brew and decorating outside).
We'll likely add a banner and some lights along the underside of the mantel, but we're loving the wreath in the clock's place this year rather than on the front door where we never see it!
All our white lights expired, so we decided to go with color outside this year and kept it simple (i.e. not line the entire roof line with Christmas lights like the past two years)
A different wreath for our front door. Cora cracked me up wanting to be in the picture pointing to it!
Getting started on the Lego holiday train with daddy and Gramma!
James wanted a photo showing the fireplace AND the tree, so here ya go!
We pulled out GG's quilt for the couch and Cannon was very pleased. He even slept on my lap for a while (unheard of with this normally just-out-of-your-reach kitty) in front of the fireplace (which Jude tends to sleep directly beneath, when she's not just sitting there staring into the flames...)

No comments: