Wednesday, November 30, 2016

SMOKIN' INTO HIS 40s

 Cora had the brilliant idea to get daddy a new grill for his birthday (I suspect he mentioned something to her in passing, since she asked me about it months ago - thankfully I remembered). It arrived much earlier than expected, and in a very conspicuous box, so Jay got to open and assemble it well ahead of his birthday. No worries, now he can go SMOKIN' into his 40s! (I"m sorry, I couldn't resist. James and his love of puns has infected me in the worst way lately... The grill is an Acorn and it doubles as a smoker. Or maybe it's a smoker that doubles as a grill? Either way, it's very cool. And VERY heavy... Thank goodness for the wheels!)
 Complete! We can't wait for our first fancy meal. Nothing like a birthday present that requires continued work, eh?...

Cora insisted that we stay in the sunroom throughout the construction since "the gift was MY IDEA" and she wanted to keep her daddy company. She read us a book and all was well.

No comments: