Monday, December 19, 2016

COLD AND CALM

Saturday night brought a cold front (the temperature dropped 40 degrees in about 2 hours) accompanied by a strong thunderstorm with strong winds (and thus very little sleep). As much as we would have loved to laze around and do nothing all day on Sunday in recuperation (as the kids did...), we needed to clean the house and prep for Christmas vacation (and luckily, unlike much of Vicksburg and the surrounding area, we managed to keep our power for once, so we were able to cook and vacuum and stay warm with the heat on). There was a little bit of relaxation though - Jay put together his Lego Labyrinth birthday gift from James and I put together my Lego Creator Birds set from the kids (from last Christmas - oops!) Well, I put together the Blue Jay... James insisted on doing the Robin and Hummingbird himself (and he was admittedly much faster than me). They're on display in the kitchen (where I keep all my cool bird decor) for now, but might move to my office at some point (so I can show them off). The kitchen also sports some very nice Christmas artwork by the kids (well, mostly Cora, since she's constantly drawing and crafting).
(Just relaxing with Kindles in the dark under mine and Jay's old baby blankets, while mama and daddy do all the work)
(James colored Rudolph - everything else was completed by Cora)
Overall (other than the cleaning derby), we had a very calm day on Sunday followed by an even calmer day on Monday (the kids were out of school due to the power outages throughout town, so I worked from home and they played video games for 5 hours...)

No comments: