Monday, October 16, 2017

CENOTE HOPPING

Our first port was Cozumel, though we didn't set foot on the island. We grabbed a tender over to the mainland to join a Cenote Hopping tour along the Riviera Maya. Our tour took us to the Mayan Villiage at Cenotes Tankah, where we swam in three different cenotes and ziplined over a fourth (which was the largest by far - it was like a lake). The zipline was an unplanned "bonus", and while I was scared leading up to each of the three zips, it was really fun (and obviously, beautiful). Robyn treated me to this excursion for my birthday and it was quite the amazing gift - thank you!

The view of the beach (and gorgeous clear blue water) at Playa del Carmen
Cenote #1, where we cliff jumped and swam (and I'd wished I'd brought my snorkel):
 Cenote #2, where the bats flew overhead and the little fish nibbled our feet:
 Cenote #3, where we ziplined into the water (nobody jumped off the high cliff):
And then we hiked through the forest to the village where we had a traditional lunch, followed by strong Mayan coffee:
After lunch, we went over to the zipline/canoe adventure!
(They gave us these awesome manzanita "hooks" to help turn ourselves back to forward-facing and to slow down near the end of the line - wish I had these at all zipline tours - I hate going backwards!)
 After the canoe, we had some time to just hang in the shade...
 And by the time we got back to the boat, we took a quick dip in the pool, then dressed up for dinner, followed by a really entertaining comedy show!

No comments: