Saturday, October 28, 2017

SPOOKY SPRINT 2017

I ran the Spooky Sprint in it's inaugural year back in 2015, missed it last year, and came back this year to do it just for fun again (I'm just not speedy yet, and I'm almost constantly sore from Bootcamp - just 3 more weeks of the 12 to go!) Lee, Maria, and Lori dressed as M&Ms, but I decided to wear my sugar skulls skort instead (I know Sandra would be proud). I stuck around for a while afterward to eat a delicious bowl of jambalaya and drink some hot coffee to warm up, and to just chat with friends I don't see very often (I haven't been racing this year, and I haven't been running much lately due to all the Bootcamp classes).
 Jennifer Lynne and her oldest (one of Cora's favorite little dancing girl friends):
 Speedy Gonzales was in the walking event, but I also spotted her acting as official race photographer during the kids' 1-mile run (which I ran too, even though my kids weren't there - plenty of other kids to encourage):
 The Mack Pack cleaned up with awards!
 Cora took my picture when I got home. She asked me if I had won a trophy, and when I told her that I did not have a fast race today, she said "That's OK mama, you can probably win one next time. I'm glad you had fun with your friends!" We're definitely doing something right - I love that attitude!
(Yes, I was cold during the race, but the skort was worth it!)

No comments: