Tuesday, October 31, 2017

SCHOOL HALLOWEEN PARTIES

I volunteered to help with both kids' school Halloween parties, so I took a couple hours of leave today (after our own work Halloween party) and went over to the school to help lead a craft and serve treats. ALL the kids were pumped and couldn't wait to get out of there to go have fun trick-or-treating, but I was still really impressed with their behavior. (And since I helped more in Cora's class and visited more in James', I really had a chance to see how his class works, which was fun.)
James' class did a LOT of crafts! We got through one in Cora's class - a popsicle stick "ghost window" that turned out pretty cute (and I especially liked that some kids wanted to do things their own way, like cartoon character ghosts instead of tracing their hands, or ghosts drawn on OUTSIDE the window while they used their paper to creative an indoor scene).
 When we got home from school, the kids knocked out their homework outside (because it was "too nice to work inside" according to Cora) before we got changed and headed out to trick-or-treat.

No comments: