Before my trip, we downloaded the app What's App so that we could check in with each other while I didn't have cell reception or access to email (Robyn and I had purchased the basic wifi plan on board which allowed access to Facebook and a few other apps, including What's App, and it worked perfectly for keeping in touch, even with each other on the rare occasion we were separated). Jay sent me a few photos while I was gone, in addition to all the chatting we did, and I thought these were especially fun to keep and share:
On Sunday he took the kids to the YMCA Member Appreciation Week hayride and hot dog/s'mores roast. They had a great time and I loved seeing those smiles! Sometimes a little one-on-one time with a parent is even more special than family outings.
On Monday the kids had free dress for having perfect attendance the week before (they do this throughout October and November at Bowmar to try to increase attendance rates - no idea why they drop so badly this time of year, but they do) and they chose to wear their new Halloween WOOT shirts: a dabbing Werewolf and a Meow-my...
The rest of the week was a blur of soccer and piano and dance, and I'm proud Jay was able to keep it all straight and make it to (almost) everything (they had to miss Open House and Cub Scouts due to soccer practice - single parents can't be in two, or three, places at once!)



No comments:
Post a Comment