Saturday, March 24, 2018

KICK UP THE DUST

You know those memes where they show glamorous runners in cute clothes with perfect strides and a smile on their glowing face? At least I've got the smile!
This morning I ran the Kick Up The Dust 14K (which ended up being about a mile short of 8.7 miles, and I wasn't sad about it - I forgot how much harder and more tiring trail races are!) over in Clinton and one of the volunteers out on the course was taking pictures that they later posted to the race's Facebook page. While I didn't win any awards (and didn't expect to - I'm still working on regaining anything resembling speed - though the brooms and dustpans they handed out to the winners of each distance, 4K, 8K, and 14K, were pretty cute), I really enjoyed the course (most of it was run on the mountain bike single track trails at Buddy Butts Park and a little was run on the adjacent cross country mowed grass route on the Choctaw Trails), and I even made a new friend (she lives in Clinton - I need to hook her up with Christina!) After the race, I officially joined the M.U.T.S. (Mississippi Ultra and Trail Society), since I've been lurking on their Facebook group anyway. I'll be running another of their events next month over in Meridian. After rounding up my mileage to 10, I hightailed it back to Bovina for Cora's soccer game. It was a fun and busy morning!

No comments: