Friday, September 18, 2009

WEIRDO

James has been getting himself into some weird positions lately...

Sleeping in the hip-carry position in the sling at the grocery store (I ended up having to move him around to the front-carry position so that he wasn't completely slumped face-down into the sling fabric):
Even so, he still ended up with an imprint on his face from his overalls:
Napping in his play-yard:

Wiggling around in his bath tub (which he's quickly outgrowing, as you can see):
Playing with a long cardboard box:

Obsessing over his feet (Jay had picked him up off the floor to take him to the car and he kept his grip on them the whole way!):

And more toe sucking (we were letting him watch the aquarium from a different height in his new umbrella stroller - hence the cardboard box, thanks Mom!):

We've had to stop putting socks on him for daycare... he either sucks on them until they're soaked (defeating the purpose of warming his tootsies) or pulls them off, then sucks on his naked toes, or on the socks themselves. Weirdo.

By the way, Jay taught James how to say "Dada" and "Mom" over the weekend. He's getting pretty good at saying them on command. I told him to quit teaching him "Mom" though... I want James to call me "Mama" or "Mommy", not "Mom". That just sounds too grown up. So this week he went back to working on "Mama" with him. However, this morning on the way to work Jay was trying to get him to say "Dada" again, but James was being a stinker. Twice he retorted with "Mama" instead of "Dada". You know I loved that! I thought it was hilarious, but Jay said "Oh yeah? Laugh it up chucklehead!" I guess I'll have to quit whispering "Mama" to him all day long and start working on "Dada" too. We don't want to offend...

No comments: