
What is THAT, you ask? THAT, my friends, is the interior of my breastpump. (Well, the breastpump that my awesome friend Nicole has let me borrow since James was born). See that white circle in the middle? That's the diaphragm. In case you don't know how diaphragms work, I'll enlighten you. They are NOT suppose to have large, gaping holes. With the breastpump, such a hole causes you to lose suction. No suction = no milk. No wonder I haven't been pumping as much lately. I thought maybe it was just because Cora has been sleeping through the night and my supply was decreasing a bit. Or maybe just that my body was out of practice, what with the holiday and all my extra time off to be with Cora, that perhaps my body didn't like the pump anymore. Well, when I ended up with NOTHING (not a single ounce, not even a drop) at my 3pm pumping session today, I totally panicked! I had done alright at the 9am session, so I KNEW (well, hoped beyond hope) that it wasn't me. It had to be the machine. Being the engineering sleuth that he is, Jay took the pumping mechanism apart and discovered the problem. Even better? Medela doesn't sell replacement diaphragms. You can get just about any other stupid little part (valves, membranes, FACEPLATES even), but not the crucial one. The one that (other than the motor) makes the milk flow. You know what this means, right? Yup, I get to go buy a brand new pump in the morning. As soon as Target opens at 8am.
No comments:
Post a Comment