Monday, November 8, 2010

SILLY JAMES

These videos don't really need an explanation. Well, at least the first one doesn't!...

By the way, James is sick again. I guess we didn't make it very far without a doctor visit. In fact, while we were there today, I asked his pediatrician if we could just set up a weekly appointment and call if we DIDN'T need to come in. She just laughed at me, of course. It's true though, we've been at the doctor about once/week for so long it's ridiculous. Between sicknesses and well baby exams and vaccination appointments. But really, it's the sickness that is frustrating.

All weekend long, James had a poor appetite. He didn't even want to drink. And we knew something was up. I watched him closely yesterday during his snack (the first thing he was really willing to eat all day - yogurt covered raisins, which he L O V E S). He shoved a few in his mouth and chewed and chewed, which is strange in itself, since he normally gobbles his snacks in record time. When it came time to swallow, he winced and did so very slowly and carefully. Then I knew for sure he was sick. He wouldn't let us get a look in his throat, but it didn't matter. I had been diagnosed as "coming down with" strep throat last Monday and Cora was diagnosed with her ear infection on Tuesday, so really it was just a matter of time before James caught something. We didn't hesitate - we made him an appointment for first thing this morning. The good news is that it isn't strep, and his ears are still perfect. The bad news is that he has a viral throat infection (the 2nd one he's had) and a sinus infeection (I've lost track of how many of these he's had). We kept him home from daycare to spare the other kids, even though his low grade fever never even hit the "magic" 100.5 mark (the doc wanted us to err on the safe side). I thought he'd sleep the day away, so I planned to work from home. No dice though. He took a mere 1.5 hour nap and that was it. I swear, you never know this boy is sick until he spikes a fever or refuses to eat. Such a tough kid. And he's already rebounded nicely, eating a good dinner tonight and drinking 3 full cups of juice and water. I just hope this isn't a glimpse into what our winter is going to look like... endless visits to the pediatrician...

1 comment:

Al and Christina said...

Love James in those shoes, so cute! Will loved watching the video, especially the one with Cora talking. He stared and studied the screen. It was honestly the calmest moment we had in about 30 minutes of pure energy.