Today's happenings: Cora got her 7th tooth and James learned to sing Happy Birthday. He's practicing for you Grandpa! "Happy burday to you! Happy burday to you! Happy burday to you! Happy burday to you!" It's totally adorable, and he knows it. When I started singing along with him at dinner, he told me "No singing. My sing it. Happy burday to you!"
Jay made Taco Soup for dinner. In the crock pot. It was AWESOME! Especially with shredded cheese and a 'dollop of Daisy' on top. And even better when strained and eaten with blue corn chips instead of a spoon. Did I say awesome? Even Cora loved it! (Of course, when she was done eating, she spread it all over her tray. And the table. Little stinker.)

After a bubble bath and playtime, we actually had 15 minutes to spare to get some chores done. And the kids were willing to play independently. When it got 'too quiet' (you know what I'm talking about), we peeked in to see them playing nicely. TOGETHER. They were "cooking dinnuh". James was teaching Cora to stir the pot. Of course, when I interrupted, the kitchen phone 'rang' and James had to go answer it "Hello? Blah blah blah blah blah" (Sorry, I have no idea what his 35 second conversation was about. Maybe he was ordering pizza?)

Man we love these guys!
Of course, after dinner and their show, they both decided to be difficult at bedtime. At the 8:30 cut-off, James was sent to bed. And I took Cora upstairs to rock and soothe (she had finished eating a half hour earlier). She was IMPOSSIBLE and would not settle and be still. I got so frustrated with her after 15 minutes that I just stuck her in bed, wide awake. She sat up and yelled at me, and I told her to quit complaining and go to sleep. So I laid her back down. She complained some more, through her paci, and kicked and squirmed around the bed. But after a few minutes, a miracle happened. She settled down and fell asleep. On her own. No. Way. Didn't see that one coming. I SWEAR this girl keeps us on our toes!
No comments:
Post a Comment