When we arrived at daycare this afternoon, I went into K1 to get James, and Jay headed into the nursery for Cora. I was standing there talking to James' teacher, watching the kids read at their table out of the corner of my eye, and was JUST about to ask her who the new munchkin in her class was, when I heard Jay bellow (in a somewhat teasing voice) "Where's my baby?!" So I do a double-take and realize that the new munchkin is MY munchkin (the blue shirt and lack of headband threw me off), hanging with her bro and the other big kids. Turns out that Michelle had "babynapped" Cora for some play time a few minutes earlier, since she was being fussy in the nursery. That happens pretty often, actually. Cora is always out walking the halls with whatever teacher isn't busy at the end of the day, or helping the director monitor classes, so Jay wasn't really concerned. But Cora's teacher sure did freak out! Poor Miss Rae...
The cutest thing though, was that as soon as I scooped Cora up (she started fussing for me as soon as she realized I was there), Gabriel reached out his arms for her and said "Cora! Cora! Hold baby?" So, of course, I had to sit her in his lap for a minute so he could get his snuggles. I swear she's almost as big as he is! Such a sweet "little" guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment