Friday, November 7, 2014

SOLDIER TRACKING

Tomorrow at 0800 EST we toe the starting line at the Soldier Marathon (Denise) and Half (Jay). If you're so inclined, you are welcome to track our progress via this link. Just input our last name and choose who you want to check in on (I am listed as Denise, obviously, but Jay is listed as James). I am bib #363 and Jay is bib #1566. Cousin Stephen (bib #1986) is also running the half (it will be his first!) and his son Wyatt is running the 5K (no tracking for the 5K event). We'll have lots of family there to cheer us on (our kiddos, Gramma, Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Doug, and cousin Heather and MacKenzie), so between the family support and the incredible atmosphere of this event, I'm hoping to run strong!

I don't know if Jay wants me to commit his goal to writing, but my ABC goals are:
A - finish under 4:15
(my average goal pace is 9:44/mile or less)
B - finish under 4:30
(if the stars don't align, hopefully my pace would average at least 10:00-10:15)
C - finish under 4:41
(and if I'm struggling, I hope to at least beat my time from the MS Blues Marathon)

If you're tracking us, the splits might use clock time instead of chip time (as they did last year), so you can assume we'll be about 2 minutes faster than clock time (based on how long it took me to get to the actual starting line last year in the crowd, and the fact that I plan to start around the same place, near the 4:10 pacer).

Race day weather is looking PERFECT! Lows in the low-mid 40s and highs in the low-mid 60s is my absolute favorite temperature range for long runs and races (and is similar to what I raced in here last year when I got my half marathon PR), so this prediction makes me very happy. I have a feeling it's going to be a good day, but your positive energy and happy thoughts would be much appreciated!

1 comment:

Michelle Bourne said...

Oh how fun! I'll try to check in on you guys when I'm back from my morning run. Best wishes to y'all! You've both trained so hard and come so far. Proud of you both.