Tuesday, June 9, 2015

BARLEY'S ANGELS: CALIFORNIA REVISITED

Safra recently had a work trip to Cali, so she brought us back some treats:
 
I'd had the Hell or High Watermelon before, and it was just as good as I remembered. The Summer Solstice was also on the sweet side, and I loved it.
 
Crisp brews are so wonderful down here in the Deep South when it gets unbearably hot and humid!
 
Ruhstaller claims to be the originator of steam beer (this is their black IPA - not as delicious as a white IPA, but still in my lineup of favorite beer styles), even though my research back when I hosted a California night led me to Anchor Steam as being the original...
 
We also had Sierra Nevada's Summerfest and North Coast Brewing Company's Brother Thelonious. I lucked out in that Christina drove me tonight, so I was able to enjoy a bit more than usual (as both the Captain and Brother Thelonious are on the strong to very strong side!)

No comments: