MEASURES: 18.0 lbs and 26.5 in. And she's still holding at 2 teeth (the bottom center incisors), despite all the hand gnawing and toy chomping and drooling going on. She has some fuzzy blonde hair, but only about an inch all around (no Mississippi Mudflap for this girl).
SLEEPS: In our bed, with us, all night long. When she isn't awake or semi-awake to nurse, that is. I haven't been able to lay her into her crib in her room successfully for almost 2 weeks now, so I've given up trying. Perhaps we'll be moving our mattress to the floor. Or installing bed rails. Or even buying another twin mattress to place on the floor in our room, just for her. We shall see. We certainly don't want Baby Doll rolling or crawling off our bed. Not that she rolls. Or crawls. She still sleeps in one spot, on her back, all night long. The most movement I've seen is when she gets furious that she wakes up alone and scoots herself up toward the headboard (like a little upside-down inch worm). She's back to napping in her swing, when she's not napping with me. I admit I kinda like the excuse to nap with her (at least at the start) though. She slept for over 3 hours that way each day this weekend, so I really can't complain.
EATS: Lots. She nurses 7+ times per day/night. She very rarely sleeps through the night these days, and will wake anywhere from 1-3 times/night to scoot close to me and grab (literally) a sleepy snack. During the day, she eats 2-3 solids meals. Always dinner, and usually lunch. On occasion we give her some breakfast too. She's a big fan of Cheerios right now, and will demand them if she sees them sitting on the table. Bossy!

(Check out that double chin!)
SAYS: Not much, but she's definitely getting more talkative. I catch her babbling to herself now when she plays alone, or when she's in the car (which is much more entertaining than the crying she used to do in the car)! She can put a few consonants together with her vowels, including 'c/k', 'g', 'y', 'w', 'n', and most recently 'd'. Her first word is 'car'. Yup, you heard that right. Car. All you have to do is ask her "Cora, what do you want for your birthday?" and she'll answer with "cah". And yes, I'm serious. We know she doesn't understand what she's saying, but she still says it. And it's hilarious, considering the car is one of her least favorite places. So maybe she learned it because it's one of James' favorite words (and favorite toys). Of course, Jay and Grambot swear they heard her say 'Dada' while Skyping today. I'll have to double my efforts with teaching her "Mama' I suppose...
DOES: Assisted situps and standups. She's trying to pull up on her own now too. She sits great and can bend completely forward or sideways to grab a toy, then get herself back into a sitting position. She can now sit in a restuarant highchair and grocery cart. She likes to stand or kneel in your lap. She's a great dancer (bouncing and arm flapping and head banging). She can spin herself in a circle to "chase" you or grab a toy if you've stranded her on her tummy, and she can scoot backwards (but not too far).
DOES NOT: Play on her tummy (long). Or sleep on her tummy. Or enjoy anything that has to do with laying on her tummy. I swear this girl is going to skip crawling all together!
No comments:
Post a Comment