Monday, February 21, 2011

HANGING WITH THE FAM

We neglected to get a single picture of Cora with her namesake during the Waddell Family Christmas, so we were sure to remedy that this weekend. GG was happy to get a chance to hold her, and Cora behaved well (I had worried that she'd be flailing and dancing and causing a ruckus). These adorable ladybug jammies are the ones GG bought her.
The night before, when we left Aunt Sara's house to go back to Jill and Marv's for the night, we told James to tell everyone 'bye-bye' and to blow kisses and say 'I love you'. Well, I've heard him say 'I love you' twice, both times to Jay, even though I am near constantly asking him to tell ME these days. And who does he say it for? His GGmama. He told her "Bye-bye GG, la luv you". How absolutely adorable is that?

After dinner, Julia played the piano for us, and James was completely fascinated with her (and her piano).
And she was sweet enough to teach him Octopus' Garden. Or "oc-pus", as James says it.
James was quite the Mama's Boy this weekend, starting Saturday afternoon. Since there were so many willing hands to hold Cora, my arms were free, and I suppose James figured it was thus HIS turn for some extended mama-time. All weekend long I heard "Uppie!", "Mama!", and "Mm-hmm-hmm-hmm" (which is 'whine' for "hold me please"). While a bit trying at times, I openly admit that I loved being the center of his attention. Especially the bedtime cuddles, which I very rarely get to enjoy, since he's usually a daddy's boy...
It was a great weekend. We were so thankful to get to see some of the family, and it was really fun to hang with the Kennedys outside of the 'Burg. I do believe our next adventure should be camping. Eh? Whadya say guys? We need a trial run before we head to Yellowstone this summer...

2 comments:

Dawn Hancock said...

James looks so big in this picture!!! Glad you guys had a good time!

Sharmila Athrey said...

You look very beautiful in this picture. James and Cora are lucky to have such a great mom!!!